58 members / 3 legates
This is a neutral organization and is not affiliated with any other group or organization. Its aims are purely social and scholarly.
The goals of the Dual Universe Historical Society include:
1) Provide a civilized place where people interested in history and related fields can meet, share information and debate.
2) Compile and maintain a historical record of the Dual Universe community, as well as make this record available to the community at large.
3) Conduct, compile and analyze research related to Dual Universe, Internet Spaceships, or the Gaming Community at large.
If you are interested in joining or contributing, submit an application and we will get back to you right away. Rules are in the description below.
1) Anyone can join the Discord server, view messages and debates, react to them, submit things to the archives, and speak in general chat. Only members can speak in debates or speak in member-general.
2) To become a member: join the org, join the Discord, talk to an Admin and tell them a bit about yourself.
3) Members are expected to be mature and respectful towards each other and everyone on the server. Actions on other servers are generally considered to be none of this group's concern.
4) When possible, use proper grammar and spelling. We all make typos occasionally and that is fine, but please make sure that what you write is legible. If you are not a native English speaker, don't worry :) just do your best.
5) No trolling or metagaming. This is a neutral location, so keep organization related drama to a minimum.
6) Support arguments with evidence. You're not right if you don't cite!
7) Members with the Writer tag can write and post articles in the Articles channel. Everyone can read them and react to them. If you are interested in becoming a writer, contact the Admins and provide them with a sample of your writing, and a brief explanation of why you want to be a writer.
8) The archive-dump channel is a place where you can dump items of historical significance to Dual Universe. The channel is blocked from public view to allow moderators to review content before it is added to the public archives, and prevent abuse.
9) The scope of the Society is broad, so feel free to discuss things relating to any topic, but please keep them in the appropriate channel (there are only two debate channels so this should be easy.)