179 members / 3 legates
Band of Outlaws is a growing community of gamer's within Dual Universe. Our goal when the game launches is to provide a community environment for all play styles. While our theme and preference leans towards the renegades and outlaws, we are also happy to accept traders, builders, and anything else in between.
We understand games can be hard to commit to, and acknowledge the fact that people have lives outside of the internet. We won't force you to do anything, the only thing we want you to do is to have fun and play the game your way, hopefully with us among friends.
BOO has seen some recent exciting developments in both the games we play, and our structure as a community. I wanted to cover this briefly in case any newcomers to DU are looking for a new home.
When BOO started 7 months ago, the vision was just a rag tag bunch of neckbearded space pirates in Dual Universe. It was patchy at best trying to get a community formed just on a forum alone, and we understood that in order to keep the group alive and well, we needed things to occupy our time besides silly forum games and political meta that currently engulfs the organization scene in the DU community.
Over the course of the first few months, we continued to stretch our legs out and see what worked and didn't work. Ultimately, we settled on creating a basic "leadership" structure for BOO as a whole, and not just focused on DU itself. This is reflected now in our Discord and upcoming media in some of the community staff positions such as Community Manager and Moderators.
It's been a dream of mine for several long years to make a community of gamers, and so far it's been a fun ride. We've made several new friends and members across multiple games with no direct connection to DU, and it's exciting to see our member diversity grow. Some of us are even beginning to hang out with eachother off the computer in real life.
If you're looking for a solid community to play not only DU with, but other games, then BOO is hands down your best stop. (Biased, yes. :D )
Right now we are playing a mix of Blackwake, Conan Exiles, Overwatch, and many more games to follow in the near future. Ultimately we just want new faces to join our band of outlaws and neckbearded space pirates to conquer DU and beyond.
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/mhAaKmA
"BOO is now recruiting for Dual Universe !
Come join us ! We promote independent thought, freedom and initiative for every members and sub-groups. Where is the freedom when a community required you to be at 3am for reasons ? We believe that the fun and the lolz are in the freedom we will give you ! Our objective is to support and help you in your play style... as long as you respect our Code . We're outlaws, not animals ;)
You're not sure of what an outlaw is ?
If you want to be Space Pirate, outlaw's life is made for you !
If you want to be a Smuggler, outlaw's life is made for you !
If you want to be Mercenary, outlaw's life is made for you !
If you want to be a Bounty Hunter, outlaw's life is made for you !
If you want to be Free, outlaw's life is made for you !
If you want to be Griefer or a dick, well... some organizations are here for it...
We mostly speak English and we accept anyone from around the globe.
We also play other games like Space Engineers, EVE, Battlefield 1, Path of Exile and much more.
If you are interested by joining us, just apply and come to say hi on our discord : https://discord.gg/mhAaKmA " ` Shaw
BOO is no longer recruiting from Dual Universe. If you want to join, you'll have to apply to one of our corporations in Eve Online, or have a friend within BOO who can vouch for you.
We are also not interested in any "partnerships" or "allies" with anyone in Dual Universe. So please, stop asking. This has been our stance since day one, and that isn't going to change.
Cybrex and Alts
Feelings were hurt today, lives have been changed, and salt has been collected. We remember this day for the bravery of those who fought in todays battle, on the CSYN discord. Users have been banned, and DU will forever be changed. Remember the Poolamoo.
Tomorrow at 14:30 we will be hosting a live stream on Twitch covering our first Brethren Court Meeting, where we collectively as BOO gather to discuss the good word that is "boo" and "yar". We will be discussing current situation, where we are going, and how we plan to do get there.
This invitation is extended to our fellow Dual Universians, you are welcome to watch or ask questions.
Band of Outlaws has a new logo, and this time we'll be sticking with it for some time. Since I started BOO, the culture has changed in to something I didn't expect it to, I really feel like we are coming in to our own identity finally and this here proves it. Special thanks to Willie and Blacksythe who helped put this together after listening to me for hours droning on about what I wanted. We may go through a few more iterations of this as time goes on, but the design itself will be always be our "face".
Also, thanks again to Aetherios for our original logo. While we won't use it as much anymore, I'll always appreciate you lending a hand to me to help get this off the ground whenever much of the community here would of rather scolded me because grr boo.
We have much more exciting news coming out within the next or two and I can't wait to share it with everyone.
CURRENTLY RECRUITING PLAYERS AND ORGANIZATIONS IN TO THE BAND OF OUTLAWS "ALLIANCE"
Band of Outlaws is a growing community of gamer's within Dual Universe. Our goal when the game launches is to provide a community environment for all play styles. While our theme and preference leans towards the renegades and outlaws, we are also happy to accept traders, builders, and anything else in between.We understand games can be hard to commit to, and acknowledge the fact that people have lives outside of the internet. We won't force you to do anything, the only thing we want you to do is to have fun and play the game your way, hopefully with us among friends.
Band of Outlaws wants to create a community for those who wish to play out their inner rebel, whether that be through pirating, smuggling, being a mercenary, a bounty hunter, and everything else in between. We want to be the go to group in Dual Universe that those outside our organization come to to get the dirty jobs done that they can't do themselves, or want someone else to do. We want to promote free trade within the galaxy, and encourage a life of independence from those who wish to dominate through absolute rule. To accomplish all of this, we will embark on community projects within Band of Outlaws and outside to support this way of living. Below will be a list of our current projects in the pipeline.
• Project Tortuga: Band of Outlaws plans to accomplish many tasks within Dual Universe with the help of volunteers within our community. We want to create a safe haven for outlaws like you and I, and are planning to construct a free port away from prying organizations who seek to control everything. Dubbed "Project Tortuga", our free port will be available for anyone to use, not just the Band of Outlaws. This project has also been extended to the greater Dual Universe community, and with the help of the Band of Outlaws, we can all have a place to call home.
UNSURE WHAT AN OUTLAW IS?
• Ever wanted to be a cunning space pirate like Captain Harlock?
• Or a famous spice-running smuggler like Han Solo?
• Or a gun for hire mercenary like Alexander Toombs?
• Maybe even a ruthless Bounty Hunter akin to Boba Fett?
If those personas excite you, then that is what it means to be a member of Band of Outlaws. We want to let you live out your swashbuckling play style in Dual Universe. BOO takes much of its inspiration from shows such Captain Harlock, Firefly, Star Wars, and various other sci fi worlds.
WHAT WE ARE NOT:
• NO GRIEFERS: BOO has a strict policy against griefing activities. This essentially means we do not encourage players in BOO to seek out and harm other players in Dual Universe with the sole purpose of making their lives miserable.
WHAT CAN BAND OF OUTLAWS PROVIDE FOR YOU?
WHAT OTHER SERVICES DO BAND OF OUTLAWS PROVIDE?
• Dedicated teamspeak server for all of your gaming needs.
• Website/Forums to hang out with other BOO members. (WIP)
• Weekly Game Nights where Band of Outlaws and the DU community can come together and have fun playing other games.
• A chance to help create something unique and inspiring. Come make history with us!
HOW DO WE OPERATE?
Band of Outlaws is not out to be the next mega corporation with an umbrella controlling every sub-organization within our community. Everyone abides by a simple code of conduct, and goes about their personal business. Players and groups within Band of Outlaws can come together to fight our enemies, execute projects, and do whatever else they feel they need to do. I may hold the keys the castle, but everyone in Band of Outlaws can become, and lead anything they choose. Here, your only limitation is your imagination.
• Leadership will be chosen by myself to help with administrative duties, and nothing more. This includes membership recruitment, managing diplomacy with other organizations, and server moderation/administration. While these individuals may hold a position of leadership within Band of Outlaws, they are no more important than any other member/organization. As the game comes closer to launch, and even afterwards, I may find that I will need more help with ensuring that all of our member/organization needs are met, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. My role as the Band of Outlaws leader is to provide direction for the organizations players and its member groups. Rarely will I interfere with anyone or any group so long as everyone abides by what Band of Outlaws stands by.
DBAD CLAUSE - RULE:
Band of Outlaws will not drag you down with rule after rule. To sum up how we expect members to behave - don’t be a dick. We’re all here to have fun, and there is no reason to be rude to each other. This includes flaming, hate speech, starting drama etc. Let’s act like grown men and women. This also extends to how members are expected to act towards other organizations. Be respectful, regardless of affiliations.
We are always looking to recruit new players, or organizations within the Band of Outlaws. If living the outlaw life is for you, then this is the best alliance to be apart of. We encourage you to apply immediately, and be apart of the greatest organization made for rebels and outlaws like you. Below will list minor details to help you when you apply to Band of Outlaws.
• Applying by yourself as a player? Simply head on over to our community portal and submit an application. Your application will be reviewed, and a voice interview with yourself before we finalize your enrollment. This is simply to make sure we can maintain some sense of security within Band of Outlaws, and that we can both get to know each other and be sure that not only you would be a good fit for us, but that we would be a good fit for you. If you are interested, just apply on our community portal - Band of Outlaws Portal Link
• Applying as an organization? We are always looking for other player organizations to join the Band of Outlaws alliance. Being a member of our alliance has benefits that are listed in this post above. Among those, you will benefit mainly from a wide market audience and support network. Band of Outlaws members and organizations are forbidden from openly attacking each other. We are all allies here with the same idea, and we want you to be apart of that. Simply send a private message to Cybrex, and negotiations will be made.